Old February 2nd, 2005, 10:18 AM
Earl Evleth

On 1/02/05 16:17, in article
, "Jim Pflaum"
wrote:

Surely there's got to be another nickname for France besides "The
Hexagone." If you ask me, that's a pretty terrible nickname.

It only means continental France. I assume it is from the very
approximate shape. You can approximately draw a straight line
from the Belgium border to the Bretagne (1), another from Bretagne
to the Spanish border(2), another over across the border to Spain
(3), another over to the italian border (4), another upt to Northern
France (5) and the last along the Luxembourg-Belgium border (6).

Earl