Old August 23rd, 2004, 12:59 AM
Hatunen

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:57:14 +0000, bobz
wrote:

Hey all:

I will be crossing Europe
(Norway/Estonia/Latvia/Lithuania/Poland/Germany/France/UK) in October
and
November, but I do not know my schedule yet. In fact, I will probably
decise as I go along.

My question is whether buying tickets on the go would be much more ex-
pensive
than reserving and pre-purchasing long in advance. I know its a gene-
ral
question, but what do you all think?

Daniel

Get a European train pass jobby, save a fortune, and if you know your
times, book...they can be bloody long slogs on the train waiting in the
corridors with out air con otherwise....

Passes rarely save you money over going up to the ticket booth
and buying ticekts. Most of the railways have a number of
cut-rate tickets availablr. In this case there are no passes
covering the entire journey.