Old December 22nd, 2015, 03:45 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
W. Wesley Groleau

Default Iceland: scenic driving advice?

On 12-21-2015 06:49, tim..... wrote:

"W. Wesley Groleau" wrote in message
On 12-16-2015 03:48, Giovanni Drogo wrote:
No idea, but Iceland is sparsely populated

AirBNB.com shows places all along the ring.

But they are usually just rooms in peoples house

And that's all the more likely in location where hotels are sparse

Usually, you can't just turn up at an AirBnB place on spec

tim

True. But if you have cell data, you can often go with a day's notice.
I was just thinking that since I couldn't find a hotel map, AirBNB
would give an idea of places that had people, which might also have hotels.

I prefer "rooms in peoples house" myself. But I carry a tent and
sleeping bag just in case. I've had to use them four days out of four
months traveling.

--
Wes Groleau