Old November 15th, 2007, 01:50 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Janet Wilder

Default An American's Impressions

.. wrote:

Janet, did you take a flight from your nearest airport to either one
of: DFW/SAT or IAH then to LAX and then a direct flight to ? [SYD].

I wish we could have gone direct. The cruise line did the air
reservations and we had to go from IAH to Denver then to LAX. On the way
home it was Sydney to SFO, then Denver then IAH. In some way, it might
have been a blessing because we got to stretch our legs more often that way.

We also had to do the hop from home to Houston. It's a 5 and a half hour
drive from here to IAH and they charge half a vacation to park the car
there. We had neighbors who took us to Harlingen and spent the night
before and the night after at a motel near IAH.

This would make it an extremely long trip. I never have done it i.e.

But the direct flights are much better than years ago.
When Continental used to fly the route, their route was LAX to
Honolulu to Auckland then to Sydney/return same.

At that time, other airlines went via Honolulu, Rarotonga or Tahiti.

Some people on the East Coast came through Shanghai, IIRC. Some folks on
the ship came through Honolulu and Tahiti.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation