Old January 18th, 2012, 06:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Default Is there an app for that?

On 1/18/12 12:44 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In ,
Tom wrote:

And also understand that even if you do get the GPS to connect, you
won't be able to get maps via internet connection. So you will have to
preload and save the maps for the idea to work (if you do catch satellites).

But to be honest, the best option is a small hand held Garmin.

I've got a TomTom that I can put in my car and also run around with (at
least until the battery dies. Can I get maritime maps for that. Might be
cheaper all of the way around.
Thanks to both for your input.

Scroll down and see if it shows a lot of the Caribbean. It may already
show most of the islands. Maybe not road detail, but at least the
islands. It may have a mini USB charger port on it. You should be able
to charge it.