Old April 18th, 2004, 01:07 AM
PTRAVEL

Default Los Angeles Wilshire Boulevard

"Joe" wrote in message

"JohnT" wrote in message

"Joe" wrote in message

wrote in message

Joe wrote:

I am looking for a mic for a JVC camcorder which can only be

purchased
in
the States at the moment. So I have just a few hours to find a

Camcorder
Store that stocks JVC equipment. Could any of you kind Los Angeles

folks
suggest a store near to 3515 Wilshire Boulevard where I can buy

the
mic.

I would suggest Fry's Electronics: they have a website at:

http://www.outpost.com/

and a toll-free number, 1-877-OUTPOST, that will guide you to the
nearest store to the Wilshire location. A HUGE electronics

superstore,
with many outlets in the LA area.
Many thanks to Azzure and PTTravel for their helpful advice. There's

nothing
easy. The more I look up the net, the more I learn and the more I

realize I
am chasing rainbows. We are from Ireland. We are just taking a tour of
California with Cosmos. My JVC Camcorder is a GR-DVP9EK (probably

European
PAL). The USA equivalent is GR-DVP9US (probably NTSC). The hot shoe

mic
is
MZV3U which does not appear to be for sale in Europe. I think that the

sound
part of the camcorder should be compatible with the zoom

mic.Unfortunately
none of the stores suggested have the mic on their website. I think I

will
phone around and thanks to all you warm hearted people for all your

help,
Joe

You can get it in the UK from QED but it is expensive at £121.57. See
http://www.qed-uk.com/?i=&vp=6&bg=10...&bi=0&ird=1405

The US Amazon website shows it as out of stock but it will cost US $130

a US
Customer. They won't ship it outside the USA.

Alternatively, you can get one direct from JVC UK for £145 including

postage.
See http://www.jvc.co.uk/product.php?id=MZ-V3U&catid=100022 Presumably

this
includes shipping to Ireland.

I can't find it on the JVC Ireland site.

John

John, its almost worth my while flying to LA to buy the mic at those UK
twice the prices. Its good news for me as it looks almost 100% that the

mic
is compatible with the European model,
Joe

If you can find it here, it should work on your camcorder. The only
difference between European and US cameras is that European are usually PAL
and US are NTSC -- that's a difference in video standards; the audio portion
should be exactly the same.