Old August 27th, 2004, 07:40 PM
geotek

I used a similar route with my wife, a friend and his wife with their young
son. Use standard precautions, meet some local folks; enjoy the food, wine,
and sights. My wife and I would like to make the same trip soon. As a US
citizen, I was drawn into many unwanted political discussions, but you
should not have that problem. Take the trip to the Cape, as well, and find
some vineyards to visit along the way.
You'll be asked to tip the "unofficial" parking lot attendants, especially
at night. I always did, but my South African friends NEVER tipped, and
actively encouraged me not to tip (but I did.)
geotek

"Elio" wrote in message
I am in the planning stage for a fly and drive South African holiday
visiting Capetown, East coast, Garden Route and Kruger/other park in the
North. I'm concerned about safety in South Africa these days. Is it
reasonably safe to go there? We will be 4 people traveling from Italy.
Thanks
Elio