Old September 29th, 2006, 11:09 AM posted to rec.travel.africa,soc.culture.south-africa,za.local.cape-town
Peter H.M.Brooks

Default Tips About Living in Cape Town

Moira de Swardt wrote:
"Peter H.M.Brooks" wrote in message

When I lived in Rosebank in the late seventies, it was more
expensive than Observatory. How times change!

They do change, so I could be out of date - and I've mainly noticed sale
prices, rather than rental prices. My niece wanted to rent in Obs, but
found it too expensive and ended up in Claremont. She hasn't liked it
there much and has now moved out to a place near Long Beach.

I think that, if I was young and single, I might consider moving to Kalk
bay, it is quite a bit cheaper there (though you'd have to factor in the
train commute) and you'd then have both Obs and Kalk bay as places to
enjoy in the evening (and it isn't too much hassle to spend the evening
in the City).

Nice commentary, Peter. Useful, too, I should imagine.

Thank you!