Old May 5th, 2004, 11:39 AM
Pennsylvania Lady

Default International Pet Animal Airlines?

"szozu" hoppbunny at hotmail com wrote in message news:409793db$0$20751

Air France and Lufthansa are supposed to be good with animals, though Air
France accepts only up to 5 kg weight in the cabin. German Wings, on the
other hand, accept animals of up to 8 kg (including waterproof container)
and charge 20 EUR per flight for the animal (of course, they only fly within
Europe). They do not have cargo accommodations for animals. Lufthansa allows
up to 8 kg in the cabin.
http://www18.germanwings.com/en/00/0_8.html#Animals
http://cms.lufthansa.com/fly/de/en/i...1,00.html#Pets

By the way, the French railways are great with animals. If you have them in
a carrier there is a standard fee of somewhere around 5 EUR, if they are on
a lead (and muzzled) then it's a percentage of your fare. If it's a short
journey, then they will charge you the percentage to make it cheaper, even
if your animal is in a carrier. I took my dog on the TGV in January and
there was another small dog in the same car. France is very dog-friendly. I
live in Cannes and there are 68,000 inhabitants and 35,000 dogs.

Thanks for the links. I looked up germanwings, which I had not heard
of (because I'd be heading to Munich). They don't fly to the US!
Tant pis~
(Mais merci milles fois pour les bon mots en ceux qui concerne la
France!)