Old March 18th, 2007, 06:55 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Stephen Dailey

Default usa on the road , my road trip

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 16:25:43 GMT, Lawrence Akutagawa
wrote:

"Wipower" wrote in message
Hi all,

reading your NG suggests I finally made a road trip:

Itinerario:
6000ml 08-01-2007 09-02-2007
Sequoia- King Canyons 1d
Yosemite e dintorni (mono lake,glacier point) 2d
Death valley 1d
Las Vegas 2d
Zion 1d
Bryce 1d
yellowstone 5d
gran teton 1d
canyonland arches moab 2d
Monument valley 1d
Page Powell Lake 1d
Gran canyon 1d
Joshua tree 1d
San diego 3d
Los angels 2d
Monterey 1d
San francisco 3d

What do you think?

any other suggests? Other places that I should visit?

I prefer to visit Yellostone (I know is too far) instead other places
(petrified forrest,mesa verde,durango etc etc)

Thanks & ciao

wip

wip -

If you maintain this itinerary, you will find yourself spending more
time in
your automobile going from one place to another rather than enjoying the
places/scenery.

You make that sound like a bad thing!

Please be advised that places out west are far apart and
while the roadways are good, for the most part there are no superhighways
leading to them. This - compared to most (if not all) European
countries -
is a very BIG country. For example - while you do not indicate where you
land, I presume that you will arriving at SFO. From SFO - after you get
your rental car - it will take you around 6 or 8 hours of non stop
driving
to get to Sequoia National Park. From Sequoia - Kings Canyon, it will
take
you something like 4-5 hours non stop to get to Yosemite National Park.
From Glacier Point in Yosemite to Mono Lake is around another 4 - 5 hour
drive non stop. From Mono Lake to Stovepipe Springs in Death Valley non
stop is something like 4 - 5 hours of driving.

And I would double check the automobile rental to make sure that you can
indeed have a one month rental contract. For the most part, 15 days
duration is more common.

===
Steve
Shoreline, Washington USA