Old May 13th, 2004, 12:40 AM
BTC/TAK on ACK

Default Recommendations - the perfect climate?

...The way I used to get a cab to Brooklyn as a teenager was to get IN the
cab before I told the driver where I wanted to go. This always worked.

One can only assume, Eileen, that you're a world-class beauty!

Mila

"Eileen Garland" wrote in message

BTC/TAK on ACK wrote:

Cab drivers certainly can be a bit "crazy-making", can't they? I don't

know
much [oh, let's be honest here, I know nothing] about Lisbon's taxi

laws.
They [drivers] undoubtedly pay no attention to them anyhow... kind of

like
NYC cabbies. Trying to get a Manhattan cabbie to take you into Brooklyn

can
be maddening. (I do, by the way [and it's way too complicated a story to

get
into here] have reason to know that certain "contracts" [presumably,

even
verbal ones] there are only considered binding if in Portuguese.}

Tee hee. The way I used to get a cab to Brooklyn as a teenager was to
get IN the cab before I told the driver where I wanted to go. This
always worked.

Eileen