Old May 14th, 2004, 01:00 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Default Recommendations - the perfect climate?

Howie wrote:
Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

Eileen Garland wrote:

BTC/TAK on ACK wrote:

Cab drivers certainly can be a bit "crazy-making", can't they? I
don't know
much [oh, let's be honest here, I know nothing] about Lisbon's taxi
laws.
They [drivers] undoubtedly pay no attention to them anyhow... kind
of like
NYC cabbies. Trying to get a Manhattan cabbie to take you into
Brooklyn can
be maddening. (I do, by the way [and it's way too complicated a
story to get
into here] have reason to know that certain "contracts" [presumably,
even
verbal ones] there are only considered binding if in Portuguese.}

Tee hee. The way I used to get a cab to Brooklyn as a teenager was
to get IN the cab before I told the driver where I wanted to go.
This always worked.

When I was growing up in Brooklyn I didn't take cabs, just used the
bus or the subway.

Obviously, Sue, you were not a princess. Eileen, on the other hand, is
descended from true royalty, if ya know what I mean.

I only became a princess later on and boy am I making up for lost
time(grin).

sue