Old December 4th, 2009, 03:38 PM posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.travel.misc,alt.fan.charles-manson,alt.politics.radical-left,soc.culture.cambodia
Fred Williams[_2_]

Default Holiday in Cambodia

Dänk 1010011010 wrote:

Tomorrow I take a 12-hour bus trip from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam to
Siem Reap, Cambodia.

The Cambodian people are still recovering from a horrific Communist
revolution/genocide that occurred in the 1970s. Pol Pot believed that
the bourgeoisie must be purged if the Revolution to succeed, so he
killed everyone educated in the old ways, including doctors, lawyers,
engineers, and even people with glasses because he thought they looked
educated.

It wasn't communism then was it?

--
Regards,