Old December 14th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Freda

I use Visa or masterdard for all transactions
over $20 AUD.
Also bring a debit card to get cash out of ATM
if you need cash.
Debit card may cost you $5AUD per transaction ,
but you would need to check with your banking
mob to see what they charge for overseas
handling of a debit card withdrawal.

BTW tipping is not usually done in Australia as
most people are on an award or EBA
(Enterprise Bargaining Agreement).
You may tip in restaurant if you so choose.
Most Australians try not to tip and actually
dont like the practise when travelling overseas.
Freda

--
Please reply to the list as my email address is a fake
"Marco" wrote in message
hi all

what kind of payment is recommended in Australia.

thanks
marco