Old March 8th, 2010, 01:18 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

Default Lessons learned cruising

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 09:13:07 -0500, "Seehorse Video"
wrote:

I agree, Charles, and the information, though biased, can be useful.
However, I was thinking more on the order of information you could gain
before cruising. Part of the fun is the planning which could include
knowing about emeralds in Columbia, black pearls in Bora Bora, opals in
Australia, etc. I didn't know that I needed to know about those things.
It's more fun to be in control.

Harry Cooper

I wouldn't buy anything expensive on a cruise, or anywhere, without
knowing something objective about the subject.

Sometimes you just don't know. I remember seeing a beautiful glass
vase at the Queen Elizabeth Hotel in Victoria. I think it was about
$3000 and couldn't bring myself to buy it. My wife was hesitant also.