Old March 6th, 2004, 09:00 AM
A Mate

Default Driving on the unaccustomed side of the road

Drove in Canada for three weeks (on the wrong side!), then Ireland for three
weeks (correct side again), then Turkey for 4 weeks (I think they were
supposed to drive on the right side; usually however it was in the
middle!!). I'm 63 - but really found no problem - in fact, back in Brisbane
I had to be careful coming out of supermarket car parks etc that I didn't
heave over onto the right hand side!!!

It's a matter of concentration - and not a lot of that frankly!

"John0714" wrote in message
This past November and December I drove extensively in the area bounded by
Adeaide, Brisbane, and Melbourne, or whatever I am an American who has

driven
in the USA and Canada for 40 years. I found driving on the left often

quite
disconcerting. Several times I got on the wrong side and got pulled over

by the
police. No tickets or accidents unfortunately. But I feel I am living on
borrowed time and thus may never be back to anywhere you drive on the left
since vacations without automobiles I have found very unsatisfying.

I would be interested in others' experiences on driving on the unacustomed

side
of the road anywhere in the world. Would you care to share?