Old January 4th, 2013, 10:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Stefan Patric[_3_]

Default Cruise Critic, Banned!

On Fri, 04 Jan 2013 12:21:42 -0800, wilma6116 wrote:

On Thursday, January 3, 2013 8:53:01 PM UTC-8, Gettamulla Tupya wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jan 2013 13:48:28 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Your posting privileges have been suspended for the following reason:

No reason was specified.

Date the suspension will be lifted: Never

Anyone else suspended? For life!!!

Easy fixed if you don't have a fixed IP. Clear your cookies and
register again with a

different email address.

Easy fixed? What about my bruised ego? Why would I want to sneak into a
website that doesn't want me? Why would I contribute to a site that
makes money from my posts, but doesn't respect my opinions?

I was just curious if this banning is common? I've gotten along swell
without Cruise Critic for nearly all my life, and I'm sure we'll both
continue to get along fine without each other in the future. One just
has to wonder how objective the reviews are on CC and TripAdvisor, if
some voices are censored.

Did Cruise Critic contact you directly to tell you why you were banned?
If not, contact them and politely request why you were. If you feel that
you've been unjustly banned, say so in the follow up correspondence and
request to be reinstated. If that doesn't work, immediately take legal
action. That'll get their attention! You'd be surprise what a single,
simple, polite letter from a law firm can do.

Keep detailed records and copies of everything. Also, keep a journal of
what you did and how you felt at the time, etc.

Stef