Old July 28th, 2004, 02:44 AM

Default Continental dis-honoring upgrade

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 19:58:04 -0500, "Bob Chipeska"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .

After waiting more than a day and a half without a response, just
before going to bed at Monday evening, I wrote a stronger email backed
by the promise of legal action and publicity if they did not honor
their voucher.

So what were your monetary damages?

That's up to a Court to decide. They may yet get that opportunity.

If you pay someone to perform a service (which I performed) with the
promise of a service, and then refuse to honor that promise (which
they did), that is a broken contract. Danages may include not only the
price of the same trip if taken in First Class, less the cost of the
regular fare, plus actual and punative damages.