Old July 28th, 2004, 02:47 AM
Really Me

Default Continental dis-honoring upgrade

wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 01:20:06 GMT, Really Me

“This certificate is valid for a First Class upgrade when

traveling on a paid fare ticket

It is good "on a paid ticket", not all paid tickets.

Huh? Even CO did not have the nerve to say something so silly.

Really? What did they tell you? I thought you were told that your ticket
class was too low.

Was there anything else on it, such as "some restrictions apply"?

Yes. The above sentence concluded with an phrase that is irrelevant
here ("excepting travel industry discounts). There were none.

I would expect limitations on free upgrades and tickets received in this
manner, which is why I prefer $$$ vouchers.

I don't understand the comment regarding BusinessFirst. I don't think CO
flies BF to Barbados, do they?

According to their web site and according to the resrvation I made
they do - but then, it's such a screwed up airline whose people think
that Bermuda and Barbados are the same place, it would not surprise me
if they don't fly to either.

I didn't say they didn't fly there only that I didn't think they had
BusinessFirst service. Are you familiar with what BusinessFirst is?

Like other airlines, I suspect this
might be Business class, as other airlines tend to call it businss class
on international flights in standard domestic first class seating to
indicate this is not an "international" first class flight.

Yiou need more information. CO has First Class and Business First.
They are different services. The flight on which I reserved offers
only First Class, not Business First Class.

I don't need more information. I was suggesting the CO does NOT have
either BF or First class to Barbados. From EWR to BGI, they DO offer
First Class, but that still doesn't explain the comment made about
BusinessFirst.