Old March 23rd, 2008, 11:03 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jeff[_16_]

Default Aloha Airlines is Bankrupt, Should I be Concerned?

wrote in message
Hey all

I just read about Aloha Airlines going into bankruptcy.
http://www.forbes.com/2008/03/21/alo...rtner=yahootix

I have a flight with them in this coming May from Hilo to Honolulu. I
am just wondering if I should be concerned about this. This is United
flight run by Aloha, so should I contact them to get this flight
changed to a different airline?

Thanks
HBS

May is pretty soon, so I would think the odds are they will be operating.
But longer term, their situation is kind of dicey, since (1) this is their
second bankrutpcy, and (2) there appears to be no way an airline can make
money on 200 mile hops with $100 a barrel oil.