Old January 5th, 2013, 01:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

Default German language in south Tirol Back on topic - Lake Garda

On 01/05/2013 09:45 AM, Erick T. Barkhuis wrote:
Tom P:

I've just finished watching Monika Gruber, a popular female comedian,
on Bavarian TV. When she performs on west German TV channels, she
speaks standard German with a Bavarian accent, but performing on
tonight's show in front of a live audience in Munich, she was
speaking dialect and I could only understand about half of the jokes.

_Bavarian_ jokes, Tom!
Do you really feel you missed something, there? :-)

At one point she was making jokes about the Austrians I think..