Old January 22nd, 2012, 04:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
bill

Default Am you legally justified in killing a passenger who refuses toturn off their cell phone?

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 16:38:48 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

My limited experience is that a firm smack in the mouth ends almost all
fights.

Your limited experience may get you a very nasty surprise in the US. And
with me....indeed.

Of course, people in the USA are all supermen.

I already know that...

I'd have thought a retired police officer would know that.

Retired? No. I quit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tottenham_Outrage

"By this time, all those on foot had arrived at the scene where the
motor car had crashed, and Constable Bond borrowed a small revolver
from a member of the crowd " and so forth and so on....

Except if you read the book 'The Battle of Stepney' by Colin Rogers with
care you'll find the guns the police borrowed were all actually inside
two gun shops and the revolver obtained had just been collected from
being repaired.

And it was being carried by a civilian, fully loaded on his person.

No, it had been taken to a shop to be repaired.

All the ammunition acquired by the police that day came from gun shops.

We don't know the identity of the person involved, thet may well have
been a serving officer in the armed forces.

And in the UK the police are considered to be civilians.

Yes indeed. We are fully aware of the Black and Tans being fully armed
as well as the police, with 303s and machine guns

All the UK police used .303 rifles until they were replaced by 7.62 mm
NATO in the 'seventies.

As far as I'm aware the Black and Tans were only issued fully automatic
weapons after they were used against them by IRA terrorists...

But you have a point and so I will modify my statement to say that

'On the UK mainland...'

--
William Black

Free men have open minds