Old July 29th, 2005, 10:52 PM
DDT Filled Mormons

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 13:11:59 GMT, "Gregory Morrow"
gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/29/op...rugman.html?hp

July 29, 2005

French Family Values

By PAUL KRUGMAN

"Americans tend to believe that we do everything better than anyone else.
That belief makes it hard for us to learn from others. For example, I've
found that many people refuse to believe that Europe has anything to teach
us about health care policy. After all, they say, how can Europeans be good
at health care when their economies are such failures?

Now, there's no reason a country can't have both an excellent health care
system and a troubled economy (or vice versa). But are European economies
really doing that badly?

For ****s sake. Yet another article that assumes France is
representative of Europe. Why do Americans fail to grasp something
more complex that one country?
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com