Old March 12th, 2012, 07:07 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike Lane[_2_]

Default Trip to Croatia

Jack Campin wrote on Mar 11, 2012:

I'm planning a trip to Croatia by car in June. There'll be quite a lot
of driving involved so I'm looking for a nice quiet place to stay put
for a few days on the Dalmation coast.
I'm not interested in beaches particularly, nor anywhere with large
hotels. Ideally a small town or village with a harbour and enough
tourism to support a few places to stay and eat, but no more.

I liked Omis - it's on the main coast road so you could leave the car
elsewhere and get there by bus if you wanted. Ideal if you fish, as
the river is used a lot for that. It's got an old castle, a near-
deserted satellite village up the hill, a spectacular setting under
the mountains and a pub where the local "klapa" singing group meets
regularly.

Thanks. I might try stopping there for a day or two. I was planning to go
that way en route to Drvenic to take the ferry to Hvar

--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire