Old December 4th, 2003, 12:16 PM
Binyamin Dissen

Default High Finance of Flying Free

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 21:46:26 GMT "Dennis G. Rears"
wrote:

:"Reef Fish" wrote in message
.com...

: (Ian) wrote in message
. com...

: In practice, the $850 EQUIVALENT I get from the FFMs for the flight
: will have the actual CASH-equivalent (whether I spend it in Hilton
:hotel
: stays or flying on Delta, or any of CO's partners, or use them for
: free Business First tickets on CO) that is likely to EXCEED $1,500
: rather than just the nominal $850 equivalent.

: If the CASH-equivalent is more than $1,500 try offering your FFMs back
: to CO and see what they offer you in hard $s. That figure is what
: they think the COST is. The VALUE remains at $1,500 to you.

: You STILL don't understand the simplest of economic principles and the
: terms "cash equivalent", "value", and "cost", do you?

: Let's make it simple for you. I checked the CO webpage just now.
: There are several roundtrips from ATL to HKG (2/15/2004 to 2/22/2004)
: in First/BusinessFirst for $6,884.84 USD.

: CO will accept that amount from anyone in CASH.

: CO will accept 120,000 FFM for the same ticket.

:One big difference. For a cash purchase if there is an empty seat you will
:always get it. This is not ALWAYS true of a FFM award ticket. Another
:small difference is that you will earn some decent mileage with a FC cash
:ticket. You won't get anything for a FFM ticket.

Also, CO will accept less than list price for BF.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com