Old December 4th, 2003, 04:48 PM
Reef Fish

Default High Finance of Flying Free

"Dennis G. Rears" wrote in message et...
"mrt" wrote in message
om...
Dennis G. Rears wrote:

One big difference. For a cash purchase if there is an empty seat you

will
always get it. This is not ALWAYS true of a FFM award ticket.

Is anyone else like WN? If the seat is available for purchase, it is
available for an FF award

WN does not have FC or INTL flights.

Then I would NEVER fly WN.

For domestic flights on CO, I ALWAYS (since the present Elite system
started in 1999) got complimentary upgrades from coach to First. I
can even recall an incidence or two in which I VOLUNTEERED to get
bumped to a later flight (for the First class seats), also in First
class (complimentary) while being PAID (and this was CO cash!) for
the bump.

I believe the major airlines have
special awards at double the miles for no blackout or capacity restrictions.
That is why I put ALWAYS.

dennis

For pragmatic reasons, your "ALWAYS" seems ALWAYS irrelevant to my
flights on CO, even though CO does have some blackout dates and
capacity control on its seats. :-)

-- Bob.