Old August 30th, 2008, 04:22 AM posted to rec.travel.air
jessica_smith_nyc

Default US Airways "flight certificate" scam

Yes this happened to me........basically to cut costs they are making
good on the fine print that the offer may be modified at any time and
subject to change without notice.

----
http://www.moviesitearchive.com/travel

On Aug 28, 6:42*pm, "singlemalt" wrote:
Here's the deal. In Phoenix they asked for volunteers to take a "bump" on
the flight to Austin. Having done so many times on AA I volunteered. They
offered a "flight certificate" good for any round trip flight in the USA.
That's what they told me. Now, I have tried to use it 3-4 times going to
various cities at various times. I tried to go out as far as May to schedule
a flight from Austin to Chicago and no spaces are available for use with
this so called "flight certificate" Basically, what I got was a frequent
flyer miles award worth 25,000 miles. I was told that I could use it toward
buying a ticket and its value would $200. This thing is practically
worthless. And also it has an expiration date on it so it will probably
expire due to inability to get a ticket. I *was advised to call customer
relations, but they have such call volume that they will not put you on hold
to talk to an agent but rather tell to go to the internet. This is a scam
and I think it is outrageous that they would treat passengers like that
because they know people are going to talk like I am. I am not even sure if
it is legal. Just beware of taking a bump with them.