Old November 4th, 2006, 05:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

Default First cruise - CARIBBEAN - questions

The Caribean is mostly palm trees and cloureds1
"ZombyWoof" wrote in message
On 3 Nov 2006 08:55:14 -0800, "Warren"
wrote something wonderfully witty:

ZombyWoof wrote:
I've been to Haiti and there is a real good reason people risk their
lives at sea trying to get here.

Labadee is RCI's private enclave in a remote corner of Haiti. It's
mainly tropical beaches surrounded by mountains. Most people have no
idea they are even in Haiti when they stop at Labadee.

Since I've been to the "real" Haiti in the Military I've never had any
desire to got to anywhere with Haiti in the name. I'll take your word
that they may have created a "Tourists" only enclave somewhere and
that all cleaned up it might be quite lovely, but the money generated
is only being generated to further corrupt & subjugate the local
people so I'll pass. The whole place is corrupt as corrupt can be.

--

You can run, but you'll only die tired.

ZombyWoof