Old June 14th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Bill Meng

Default Washington DC and New York airports choice (USA)

If you're traveling non-stop from Vancouver, you will be forced to go
thru Dulles. It used to be and as far as I know still is that any flight
over 1200 miles is forced to Dulles, and any under 1200 miles is forced
to National. Congress forced this on the public in order to keep
National open because Congress the Supreme Court and Cabinet officials
get free parking at National, but not at Dulles.

Dulles is a much nicer airport.

Hallvard Tangeraas wrote:
I'm shortly going from Vancouver in Canada to Washington DC in the
States, then Washington DC to New York, then finally to Switzerland
from New York.

Both aboventioned US cities have two airports each, and I'm not sure
which ones are best for arriving/departing from....

Washington DC: Washington Dulles
Washington Reagan

New York : John F. Kennedy
La Guardia

I plan to stay in a reasonably priced backpacker hostel both places,
in central locations, so I'd prefer the airports closest to that, and
with public transport access throughtout the day.
Suggestions?

Hallvard