Old January 6th, 2008, 01:14 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

Default insunrace

wrote in message
It was an observation.

Someone noted english/french in BC.

Someone else noted french only in Quebec.

Someone else noted chinese in marham

Why do you make everythign difficult?

Are you as boring to talk to in person as you are with the written
word?
God help your family at dinner, they probablyc ant wait to get away
from you.

ah yes...Chuckie with the ad hominem. Always a good refuge for him when
avoiding/ducking the issue/question. Note Chuckie's rather inept parsing in
his attempt to recap the topic at hand:

1. "Someone noted english/french in BC."
I was that someone in my initial post of Jan 3, 2008 1:56pm.

2. "Someone else noted french only in Quebec."
Not true, Chuckie....that someone was again I - in that same post of Jan 3,
2008 1:56pm. As I have previously pointed out, Chuckie gives every evidence
at each and every opportunity to show all of us how he does not understand
that which he reads. This is yet another such instance. And I not only
made these observations, I also pointed out the phenomenon whereby the very
same item bore the different language labeling in the different places; to
wit, my Jan 3, 2008 1:56 post in full -

"Now that brings up an interesting point. I've made a number of trips to
Canada, the early ones to Bristish Columbia and Alberta. Strolling along
the grocery shelves, I was amused to find that each and every labeled item
had both English and French descriptions/writings. Clearly, thought I, the
influence of the French in Canada...even though I heard no French
spoken...truly the mark of a bilingual country.

"Then I some years later happened to visit Quebec province and took a
similar stroll in the groceries there. Lo and behold - the same items
labeled in both English and French in the wesern provinces were labeled only
in French! So - what gives? A dual standard? "

Now, Chuckie, should there in fact be someone here who prior to Jan 3,
1:56pm made these observations and pointed out this phenomenon...then by all
means please cite that person and his/her post(s) with date/time.

3. "Someone else noted chinese in marham"
That would be TheNewsGuy(Mike) in his Jan 4, 2008
2:14am post. And Chuckie himself joined the Chinese labeling in his own
post Jan 4 , 2008 at 8:53pm.

Chuckie's attempt to recap with his parsing is pathetically inept -
particularly for someone purportedly with a masters degree - for the
following reasons:

a. He does not cite the person making each of the three observations he
references, much less the date and time of that observation.

b. He has his facts wrong - the person making the first and second
observations was one and the same....me. Do note that had he cited the
person making each of the three observations, he would have readily seen for
himself that I was the person making these two observations.

c. He entirely omitted the key issue - namely, that the very same item (eg,
a can of Campbell Chicken Noodle soup) is labeled in both English and French
in the western provinces and in French only in Quebec.

And, of course, Chuckie ended with his ad hominem, all the while
ducking/avoidance the issue as per whether the same item labeled in Chinese
is similarly labeled differently in different parts of Canada. At least
this time around, Chuckie has not strewn about red herrings as per financing
and ethnic neighborhoods. But...but...do make note of the abysmal failure
on Chuckie's part to understand that the key issue is that of the exact same
item having different language labels in different parts in Canada, his
recap having no comment whatever on this issue.