Old January 6th, 2008, 01:54 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default insunrace

1. "Someone noted english/french in BC."
I was that someone in my initial post of Jan 3, 2008 1:56pm.

Is that incorrect? I think you have provided the proof that someone
wrote that they saw english and french labels while in BC.

2. "Someone else noted french only in Quebec."

Was it mentioned by anyone that they saw labels in french only while
in quebec? Yes, that was said. Okay, so it was within the same
post. Pardon me for probably reading it as a paste in another post.

3. "Someone else noted chinese in marham"
That would be TheNewsGuy(Mike) in his Jan 4, 2008
2:14am post.

At this point, it is mentioned that in a particular neighborhood, all
labels are in chinese. Are you saying this is inaccurate?

a. He does not cite the person making each of the three observations he
references, much less the date and time of that observation.

he doesnt feel the need to cite every single line by everysingle
person. We all read newsgroups, we dont need cites for mundane posts.

b. He has his facts wrong - the person making the first and second
observations was one and the same....me. Do note that had he cited the
person making each of the three observations, he would have readily seen for
himself that I was the person making these two observations.

good god!!! I made an error. IS it so important?

c. He entirely omitted the key issue - namely, that the very same item (eg,
a can of Campbell Chicken Noodle soup) is labeled in both English and French
in the western provinces and in French only in Quebec.

No, I warned Newsguy not to answer your question. As it turns out,
he simply said there were lots of chinese labels. Named 2 stores I
think. He did nto say either way whether they did or did not sell the
same products would be in english elsewhere.

And, of course, Chuckie ended with his ad hominem, all the while
ducking/avoidance the issue as per whether the same item labeled in Chinese
is similarly labeled differently in different parts of Canada. At least
this time around, Chuckie has not strewn about red herrings as per financing
and ethnic neighborhoods. But...but...do make note of the abysmal failure
on Chuckie's part to understand that the key issue is that of the exact same
item having different language labels in different parts in Canada, his
recap having no comment whatever on this issue.

I never adressed the labeling issue in BC/Quebec. I simply said we
have a chinese store here. At this point you got upset that I made
fun of your anal need to have everything documented and covered when I
posted to mike he should avoid your question. I never said you could
or couldn't find anything in english. I didnt miss the point of
anything. I made a simple statement.

Then as if on cue, you put this forward:
"Step one. Hie yourself to any such store in Canada that has an item
- any
item - labeled in Chinese only. Markham in Ontario is suggested as
one
such locale. The only requirement is that this same item be available
in
stores both in Quebec and in British Columbia.

Step two. Take a close look at said item and remember what it is.

Step three. Hie yourself to any store in British Columbia that has
this
same item, only the item must now be labeled in English and
French....no
Chinese. Got that?

Step four. Finally, hie yourself to any store in Quebec that has this
same
item, only now the item must be labeled only in French...no English,
no
Chinese. Got that?"

And by the way, the public finance thing....you figure that out
yet...public assistance programs, heating assistance for example, is
available to the public, but you must meet certain conditions to
qualify......how could this possibly be public if only certain people
can get it? Wouldnt it have to be called private assistance?