Old August 23rd, 2010, 04:19 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
AZ Nomad[_3_]

Default moderate climates - low energy bills

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 18:56:21 -0400, MAS wrote:
On 8/22/2010 6:12 PM, Kir?ly wrote:
AZ wrote:
Expect to pay a twenty times more due to the area's desirability than
any energy bill.

You're not kidding. This is what $1.06 million buys you in Vancouver
these days:
http://www.andrewhasman.com/ActiveLi...67/#viewdetail

Only the wealthy can afford to buy houses in Vancouver nowadays. The
nice low energy costs don't even begin to compensate.

2000 sq ft and they couldn't manage to get a decent sized kitchen? That
thing is small. Where did all the space go?

A lot depends on the era when the kitchen was created. Kitchens used
to have enough room for a kitchen table in the middle where a family
ate when not having company over (then it would be the dining room).
If not room for a dinner table, there'd be at least for children
running in and out. Later they became little more than cooking
factory areas, intended for just the wife or bachelor to work.

I have a place that has such a kitchen. It is nearly impossible for
both my wife and I to prepare dinner together in that thing.
Most mobile homes have a better kitchen. ****es me off.
****, I've seen RV's with a superior kitchen!