Old August 12th, 2013, 01:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.misc,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Chris Blunt[_2_]

Default Travelling with our AT&T-based iPhone5s

On Fri, 09 Aug 2013 12:53:52 -0400, JF Mezei
wrote:

On 13-08-09 12:37, nospam wrote:

wrong. an iphone works perfectly fine without a sim. it will say 'no
sim' in the top corner.

Since when ? While one can remove a SIM while the phone has alreayd
been turned on, my experience is that when you turn on a phone, there
must be a sim card installed otherwise it goes into emergency mode that
only lets you dil 911 or something.

My GSM/3G iPhone works fine without a SIM. When I turn it on it comes
up with a message saying "No SIM Card Installed", but it then works
quite normally using wi-fi as an internet connection.

Chris