Old March 29th, 2004, 12:13 AM
Peter Webb

Default When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection... HANG UP!!! ------ 2tDMpvDi

"John L" wrote in message
I would perfer that you don't try to intrerpret my moral standpoint,
as you appear to have missed the point of the original post.

No, I understood exactly the point of the original post. And your moral
viewpoint is somewhat clear, from thew remarks "the common denominator is
that this outsourcing is being done by the greediest & most socially immoral
entities (Banks, telco's etc.)"

I simply pointed out that many other industries have previously outsourced,
so outsourcing cannot be taken as evidence of (or as a cause of)
outsourcing.

I was referring to the morality of banks & telcos outsourcing call
centres as the original post referred to. I have personal knowledge
of both these industries, & helping oversea economies is their lowest
priority, in fact it isn't even taken into consideration.

Ha ha. I guess your personal knowledge is you own a phone and have a bank
account.

Their sole aim is to reduce costs & increase their share price

Yep. That's the law (Corporations Act); the Directors of the company have to
act solely in the interest of shareholders.

Peter Webb