Old January 6th, 2011, 07:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
rieker4

Default Grand Princess closing aft deck for duration of my cruise!

"jackie" wrote in message
Hi all. Does anyone have any advice for me on how to deal with
Princess Cruise Lines? I leave for a 14 day cruise aboard the Grand
Princess in 38 days. I received an "Urgent Email" yesterday from
Princess stating the aft deck (Terrace Pool) with be closed and the
video arcard will be closed and some hallways will be have mainenance
material in it to prepare the Grand for Dry Dock. The timing of the
nofication upsets me. If I was notified prior to final payment I
would definitely have chosen another cruise.

Did you pay with a credit card? If so you can likely cancel and receive a
full refund based on Princess' poor timing. They essentially altered your
cruise without timely notification in a way that causes you loss.

Talk to Princess first. If you don't receive satisfaction, call your CC
company for instructions on how to get a refund.

If you purchased your cruise thru a Travel Agent, he/she needs to be
involved.