Old September 24th, 2004, 11:17 PM
PeterL

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
Hi,

we are flying to KL in December. My Malaysian wife who routinely reads
the news in chinapress.com.my keeps telling me that the security
situation in KL has worsened substantially over the last few years.

When I'm in KL I'm used to go to the Citibank branch in Jalan Ampang
even late at night and get larger amounts of cash from the ATM. Now my
wife insists that I stop doing that, because she read stories that
people will wait near the ATM, then follow people who took larger
amounts of cash to steal it from them.

That's probably a good advice for any parts of the world.

She also told me that if you stop
with your car at the red traffic light, it can happen that somebody will
open the car door, threaten you with a knife and steal your money. And
so on.

Again, happens at big cities all over the world, just that it's sensational
when it happens. In reality not that frequent.

All this makes me wonder if the security situation in KL has really
deteriorated so much...?
--

Alfred Molon

http://www.molon.de/Galleries.htm - Photos from Myanmar, Brunei,
Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Nepal, Egypt, Austria, Prague,
Budapest and Portugal