Old January 25th, 2005, 12:35 AM
koneko

bunster wrote:

Let's Go just published the first edition for Japan this past year.
It's not bad. Also, LP publishes guide for Kyoto and Tokyo.

Thank you for the recs! I will be stopping by my local Borders and
check them out. =)

We're planning 12 nights in Kyoto. With the World Expo happening not
far, we're using Kyoto as a base for going to/from the Expo site. As
well, maybe visit Nara, Himeji and a few other places around Kyoto.
This is when the Rail Pass comes in handy.

Then it's off to Kanazawa, Takayama (Spring Matsuri), Magome and
Tsumago (hike the Nakasendo highway), Matsumoto, then the last five
nights in Tokyo (I'm hoping to catch a Giants game). Overall, we'll

be
there for almost a month. :-)

Wow, what a great itinerary! I've been to an Expo once, when it was in
S. Korea in the 90s. I wish I had time for an extended stay, it sounds
like you will get to cover a very good bit of area, and get to do many
activities! I looked up the areas you will be visiting besides Tokyo
and Kyoto, as a couple were a bit unfamiliar to me, and they sound
really lovely. I am sure you'll have a fantastic time!! =)