Old March 8th, 2005, 09:31 PM
John L

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 02:58:51 GMT, michael wrote:

as i have already said, i spent 8 years working with abused children of
all varieties... never once met a victim of child prostitution though...
when i suggest that the kind of "general sexual abuse" that Chris is on
about is so widespread and nearly impossible to "go after", i am not
expressing an opinion...

http://canada.justice.gc.ca/en/ps/fm/childafs.html

read the section entitled "how widespread is ..."

and if anyone cannot see a difference between the varieties of
incestuous and "someone known to the child" forms of sexual abuse and
what goes on in cambodian brothels, they should read this

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4038249

law enforcement does nothing to prevent "the vast majority" (Chris's
terminology) of sexual abuse cases... in fact, we usually have to wait
years or even decades before we even know about its occurence...

this is absolutely not the case with child prostitution, child
pornography or paedophile rings... law enforcement can be very effective
here, which is why targeting foreign paedophiles makes good sense in a
place like cambodia... to suggest otherwise is either idiocy or an
indirect attempt to shield these people from the law... i suspect in
Chris's case its a little bit of both, plus a kind of neurotic
resentment of NGOs...

anyone who thinks that making such a statement invalidates my opinion is
welcome to their opinion... one way or the other, it doesn't change the
reality we're discussing...

michael

I assume it was a paid position you were involved in, therefore you
would most likely call yourself a professional. You still undermine
all your rhetoric with unfounded personal attacks on Chris. You
obviously aren't professional enough to require proof before you make
your assertions.

Your perception of reality is just that, a single minded attitude
that doesn't include or accept any other viewpoints. Your link to
sensationalist US commercial TV programs to bolster you own viewpoint
doesn't add much to your credibility.

John L.