Old November 27th, 2005, 11:05 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

Default Bangkok

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 12:14:34 +0200, "Markku Grönroos"
wrote:

"Tchiowa" kirjoitti
glegroups.com...

Wobbley Bobbley wrote:
On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:49:41 +0800, "LAW" wrote:

Please advise the best place for massage and night spot

Tks

I would advise anyone new to BKK to begin at Khao-san. It is known as
the backpackers area, lots of reasonably priced hotels, boarding
houses, and plenty of bars, lots of Farangs who can give advice, and
some genuine massage parlours too, (as well as a few of the other
type!).

If the original poster takes nothing else from this thread I hope he
takes the simply advice to avoid Khao San Road like the plague. You
couldn't find a worse area in Bangkok.

Bull. There should be nothing wrong with this 400 meter long strip. For
instance many areas close to Sukhumvit Road and Patpong are are a zillion
times worse.

Something I do like about Khao San Road is that its one of the few
places that have both ordinary Thais and foreigners mixing and
enjoying themselves. There are a couple of live music bars there which
during weekends are probably about 90% Thai and the rest foreigners.
The area certainly used to be little more than a backpackers ghetto,
but anyone who thinks its still like that is quite out of date.

I'm not surprised that the type of people who prefer to hang out at
places with semi-naked girls 'dancing' around a pole would hate Khao
San Road.

Chris