Old July 30th, 2004, 06:23 AM
Anonymous

Default Newfoundland and Labrador folk festivals

Here's a note from the tail end of a post I made to
alt.music.s-mclachlan that I thought might be of
interest here. This also went to rec.music.folk
and other groups. Those on nf.general should
comment on any great festivals that I didn't mention.

The biggest folk festivals are the St. John's one
(Newfoundland and Labrador Folk Festival, with
French theme this year), Brimstone Head Folk
Festival on Fogo Island, Conception Bay Folk
Festival in Carbonear, Southern Shore Folk
Festival on the Southern Avalon, Une Grande Viellie (spelling?)
on The Port Au Port Peninsula, The Punters generally
host a one day Bowring Park festival, The towns
of Logy Bay, Outer Cove, and Torbay I think
each have one day festivals with big acts, but
there are probably a hundred more smaller
community ones around the province, for example
in Conception Bay other than the Carbonear one,
Brigus and Holyrood and Conception Harbour all
have smaller ones and that is just within a few miles.
Oh wait, of course there is The Kelligrews Soiree
as well (there is a Johnny Burke song called
The Kelligrews Soiree ). Also there is a Conne
River Powwow and I think a Labrador Bakeappple festival.

David
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton
--multiplaza.nl.nu--