Old April 30th, 2013, 08:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne[_2_]

Default scandinavia

Bill wrote:

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 14:41:17 +0100, (David Horne)
wrote:

Tom P wrote:

That's not enough, I'm afraid. These sealed bags will only be accepted
from a limited number of airports outside the EEA- and exclude any in
India, as I found out...

Interesting.

I think you can find the list online. It has expanded since last year,
but doesn't include India.

I was assured by Bombay International duty free staff that their
sealed bags were acceptable at Heathrow, but we still didn't buy
any...

They were talking crap, as they did to us at Delhi. I actually
complained about this to the airport, and here's a bit of the
correspondence. (In reverse order.) Needless to say, the information was
not displayed, we checked.

--------
Hello Mr. Horne,

The same information is displayed on all the cash till where you make
the payment and it is also running on all LCD screens at Departures.

Regards
Support Team- Delhi Duty Free
Visit us at-
www.delhidutyfree.co.in

From: Support
Date: 20 April 2012 05:50:55 GMT+01:00

Hello Mr. Horne,

Firstly thank you for your valued patronage of Delhi duty Free. We have
received your mail and we regret the ordeal that you've gone through. As
a policy we always encourage our customers to check for themselves the
destination port customers allowances/rules and to ensure that their
purchases are in compliance.

However you have shared the bill receipt, we would request you to also
share the scanned copy of confiscation receipt to investigate your case
further.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)