Old November 7th, 2003, 02:40 PM
Cathy Heidemann

Default Flying and cruising swollen feet

On 11/6/03 8:48 PM, in article
, "Jim"
wrote:

I read somewhere that you should untie your shoes or take them off while
in flight. As your feel swell the shoes keep your feet from expanding
when they swell.
Me, I take them off. JDR

For those of us whose feet swell, the next challenge would be getting the
shoes BACK ON and being able to walk through the terminal. I learned the
hard way to leave my shoes on ... But as other posters have noted, get up
and walk around on the plane.

On a flight from Europe recently, I was scolded by the attendants for being
out of my seat -- until I showed them how swollen my feet and legs were and
then was encouraged to be up and around.

Cathy