Old December 21st, 2003, 03:41 AM
Pea

Default Cruise from H*ll

Charles wrote in message id...
In article , Pea
wrote:

This made for a mess.

The problems were of their of their own doing. At every opportunity
they made the wrong choice.

I agree. I mean, I know that they made friends with people from the
plane, but if you are trying to play catch up to the ship and some of
the people (who were not in your original party) have neglected to
bring the proper identification (makes me wonder how the couple with
just photo IDs ever got to Mexico), at some point you have to just cut
loose and say "adios". Ir might be different if all the folks had
been friends and traveling together, but basically, these people were
strangers until 24 hours prior.

The first time I went to Mexico, I told my traveling companion time
and again that she needed a raised seal birth certificate. She turns
up at the airport with an old mimeographed copy. I wanted to scream.
She said her mother wouldn't give her the original. I told her I had
to order mine from the state I was born in, but that I got it. She
could have done the same...in fact I had suggested it, if she didn't
have her original. Luckily, they let her on the plane and into
Mexico, but that was the start of several issues that plagued me on
that trip. I had a good time, but she withheld info from me (like
being afraid to go into the water) that was sort of pertinent for a
beach type vacation.

Anyway, I think people are just better off getting passports and
avoiding any of this hassle. Some people complain about the cost, but
if things go wrong, the extra cost is going to be more than worth it.

Pea