Old October 8th, 2005, 06:33 AM
nobody

Cyrus Afzali wrote:
I never said I did and I never said I didn't think it wasn't a good
idea to recusitate the group. I do, however, think you're a poor
person to be put in charge of moderating a newsgroup on the subject at
hand given your rabid, and on many instances uninformed, views.

The role of a moderator is to filter out posts submitted which do not
follow established guidelines. If it's not related to aviation industry,
it is bounced. It it gets personnal, it is filtered out etc. It has
nothing to do with my knolwedge or lack thereof about aviation industry.

Except for obvious spam, I have not yet bounced anything. There are
problems with the moderating software which automatically bounce posts
coming from many news servers which don't feed perfectly formatted
messages, but there is not much more I can do about this. We don't pay
for the moderation service/software and the provider insists on
maintaining those strict rules.

Some spam has gotten through and it is then a question of following up
with the submitting news server so thay can track down their user who
forged the moderation headers.

As I said before, if you are not happy with the moderation of the
newsgroup, you can complain to all moderators. If you look at the
archives of the group, you will find all necessary information as well
as pointers to the group's charter and posting guidelines.

If you do not have any examples of poor moderation of the newsgroup,
stop making unwarranted accusations and stick to rec.travel.air to
discuss Ellen, Sheryl and all those other fetishes that Greg Morrow and
all his aliases have.

To me, when someone takes on a role in moderating a group, they have
an obligation to be informed about the subject at hand.

Moderation involves simply processing posts and preventing totally off
topic posts from getting thorugh, and in circumstances where there is a
flame war, cool things down.

I'm not blaming them for anything. They volunteered just like you
volunteered. It's a nice group, when it's functioning properly.

I also made it expliocit to the others that I would bow out if my
presence was a hindrance to the group's success. I have gotten no such
sugesstions by the other moderators. If you are avoiding posting simply
because I exist, then it is your problem. In fact, majority of posts
gets approved by the other moderators since they tend to get to the
approval requests before I can.

There was one recent event where one post was rejected by mistake by one
moderator and I re-injected it and approved it.

participation continues to decline. Most of the posting in the new
m.t.a.i. is among the co-moderators.

And if people like you stopped criticising the newsgroups without any
specific criticisms, perhaps we'd have more success growing participation.

Again, my issue is not so much with the job you and anyone else is
doing with m.t.a.i.

So stop complaining about misc.transportyy-air-industry. If you have no
complaints about his the newsgroup is functioning, if you have no
complaints about the contents that do make it to mtai, then you have no
reason to posts messages as the one to which I am replying, and you have
no reason to abstain from participating in the group.

Plenty of people hate me because I do not support the USA's current
policies, and that includes one of the moderators, but it doesn't mean
that we can't do a professional job moderating an aviation newsgroup
that discusses business aspects. There has been no or extremely little
"politics" in that newsgroup.

My point is that your remarks about the U.S. and
its policies are uniformed and in many cases offensive.

I have made no such remarks in mtai.

a COWARD who's afraid to post under his own name in one newsgroup on
air travel,

I wish you the full wrath of nomen on you, including forged identities
forever archived in so many web sites with slander against you. If that
were to happen to you, you'd fully understand why I cannot post under my
own name in this newsgroup. Complain to Greg Morrow and friends if ytou
dislike many posteres not using their real names.

There have been plenty of people who had stopped using real names in
this newsgroup over the years. Most of which have left due to Nomen and friends.