Old January 22nd, 2006, 06:10 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default Best Time for Namibia

Hi everybody,
I am a first time traveller to Namibia. As I am just on the way to do
the travel arrangements I need to know first, what would be the best
time to go?!?
I plan to hire a car (read the discussion about 4x4 already :-) ) and
start a nearly 4 weeks round trip from Windhoek.
Some tour books recommand May or June. The travel agents, however,
charging the most on August. But I would guess you could make the most
out of the day travelling in summer time (Nov till Febr?)...?
Any ideas, please....
Best wishes, Jens