Old January 23rd, 2006, 04:15 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default Best Time for Namibia

"Jens-Ulrik Buffi" wrote in
message ...
Hi everybody,
I am a first time traveller to Namibia. As I am just on the way to do
the travel arrangements I need to know first, what would be the best
time to go?!?
I plan to hire a car (read the discussion about 4x4 already :-) ) and
start a nearly 4 weeks round trip from Windhoek.
Some tour books recommand May or June. The travel agents, however,
charging the most on August. But I would guess you could make the most
out of the day travelling in summer time (Nov till Febr?)...?
Any ideas, please....
Best wishes, Jens

It's basicaly a matter of game viewing. You'll be more sucessful at that
during the winter months since the game will need to acess known
waterholes rather than being able to obtain water just about anywhere.
Other differences are about two hours daylight (less during winter) and
about 15 degCelcius increased summer temps.