Old June 13th, 2006, 10:14 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default Recommend some camp sites in Kruger

John Macdonald wrote:
been to Kruger a couple of times. The last time we went (2004) we
stayed at Biyamiti in the very south of the park and had some
spectacular views of lions mating less than 2 miles from camp. We
watched them from 6am (when the camp gates opened) until 7.45am when the
organised game drive from the camp returned and disturbed the lions. We
could have stroked the lions through the open windows (if we'd chosen!)
and they weren't at all bothered by the cameras.

That's one thing I still havent shot. I saw mating lions near Croc
Bridge on this last trip, but there was a lot of foliage in between.
I think Kenya or TZ in Feb might be a better bet for that shot.

Meanwhile - we're really interested in diving somewhere new this
Christmas. How could we get to the Andaman Islands (details in your
website). Can the dive centre help with finding out about flights???

Have sent you an email - if you dont get, drop me a line at
vkalia[at]diveindia.com.

Cheers,
Vandit