Old January 14th, 2004, 05:14 PM
B Vaughan

Default Socks!

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:43:51 -0500, "Tom Bellhouse"
wrote:

In the Netherlands, my late wife and I used to
joke that we could tell Americans by their white
socks. I hadn't realized we Merkins were
transgressing when we dressed that way, but here's
news that all travellers should see. Don't
transgress!

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - White socks have been
declared indecent by the Dutch Finance Ministry.

A ministry official on Tuesday confirmed a recent
internal publication that proclaimed white sports
socks "transgress the limits of decent dress
behavior" for ministry employees.

The very fact that the ministry has see fit to ban them means that
some people are wearing them.

Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it