Old March 31st, 2009, 09:36 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Giovanni Drogo

Default Europe motoring atlas recommendations sought

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009, Dan Stephenson wrote:

Hello, I am planning a long trip in Europe by car, and I would like your
recommendations for a motoring atlas. Actually, several.

For Italy, nothing beats the TCI (Italian Touring Club) Atlante Stradale
(Road Atlas). Consult their web site (although slightly awkward to
navigate). There is a "Punto Touring" with bookshop in all major italian
cities, and there are "succursali" (subsidiary bookshops) in many other
places.

This is a link in English
http://www.touringclub.com/ENG/Trave...d_Atlases.aspx

This is a result of the search form in italian for "Atlante stradale"
http://www.touringclub.com/ITA/viagg...nte%20stradale

I'm not sure whether there is a separate English edition (as for some
guides). I know the Italian one (mine, at least my last, since it is
periodically sent to TCI members, is almost all maps, and has
quadrilingual captions at the front). I've seen two separate versions :
one has north and south in two separate volumes, with motorway diagrams
at the front. The other had north, centre and south in three volumes,
with city maps at the end.

is a newsreading account used by more persons to