Old April 2nd, 2009, 12:55 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike Lane

Default Europe motoring atlas recommendations sought

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 07:24:56 +0100, je wrote
(in article
):

On 31 mar, 04:55, Dan Stephenson wrote:
I do not want to use a navigation computer.

Agreed: the few navigation computers I saw or
tried out led to more unplanned detours than when
using regular maps (in Switzerland and Germany;
no first hand experience for other countries with
the exception of Canada where navigation
computer worked quite well)

I use a gps sat. nav. all the time when driving in Europe and I'd hate to do
without it now, but I plan the routes in great detail using paper maps, then
enter and save them onto the gps unit before I leave home. I find this allows
us to relax without all the messing about navigating (and getting lost) with
paper maps while driving.

--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire